poetessa

Diary, musings on life, people, interests. Posting my poetry

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lacey, WA, United States

I have a Certified Artist/Teacher degree with the National Society of Decorative Painters. Taught decorative painting, color theory, calligraphy and other art related classes for 12 years. I enjoy using my artistic talents, especially to update furniture and repurpose found items. I am married to the world's most wonderful husband. We celebrated our 48th anniversary this year (2016). We have raised six children, three boys, three girls. Have 10 grandchildren. Through the NSDP I have paintings in the White House, Blaire House and Smithsonian Institute. I was given the honor of being the Chair of the Pacific NW, "Breeze and Brush" Decorative Painting Convention. What fun we had! I like keeping healthy and enjoy life. I love humor and people. God has been good to me!

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Bob The Cat - Employee Of The Year


Hello,

I've been experimenting with Bloggerbot learning to post pictures to my Blog. Hurray!! Finally did it! Expanded my brain again. Ran across this picture I doctored for the Grounds/Maintenance Dept. at the District where I work. They had 'Bob the cat" as a mascot. I loved him! Always looked forward to petting and talking to him on my frequent trips to the mail room.

Bob had an attitude, as you can see from the photo, and he could be a stinker sometimes, that's what I liked about him. Bob was there for quite a while until he decided to relieve himself here and there, typical male! So Bob went home with one of the Audio Technicians who was also named Bob - good match!

Bob and Bob are still together, enjoying each other and life. Bob C's picture is still on the Dept. wall.

Sometimes the responsibilities of work, home and family claim so much time there's not much left for relaxing and doing the things you enjoy, that's my excuse for not posting this past week. The real reason is that something went bonkers with the computer. I couldn't acces anything on the internet. It took me three days of running diagnostic tests to find out what needed fixing. Finally did and here I am.

I realize that I often do too much for everyone else and they come to expect it. I have to deliberately set aside time for myself for writing, painting, reading, this can be rejuvenating. I'm getting the urge to write more poetry for my collection. I love humorous, life based, content. Have you read 'Where The Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein? Love his poetry!

My lack of personal time is minimized with thoughts of the horrendous disaster experienced by the people of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida after the devastation of Katrina. I thank God I live where I do. They are in my thoughts and prayers. Along with our prayers they will also need monetary support, please do what you can!

School will be starting next week. We've had our last annual driver and Special Needs in-services and the recertification First Aid/CPR class and are ready to start the new year. I did finish the one side of the entryway mural and am working to complete the other wall. I bricked in the mansion and put a wrought iron railing on the porch and down the steps, based in the Weeping Willow tree - much more to paint! I'll post some of the pictures soon.

I have a black kitty of my own named Nikki, he's also a character. Can't say what prompted the content of the poem but I thought it was a fun idea so I wrote it, enjoy!

Wishing you a relaxing, fun Labor Day weekend!

God Bless you!

Later

Carol


NIKKI LOVES THE RED SOCKS
By Carol Glitschka 2/2002

MY CAT NIKKI WEARS RED SOCKS
AND STRUTS AROUND THE YARD
HE GETS THEM TERRIBLY DIRTY
AND CLEANING THEM IS HARD.

NIKKI’S BLACK, SO RED LOOKS GOOD
AGAINST HIS SHINY FUR
AND EVERY TIME HIS SOCKS COME ON
HE ALWAYS STARTS TO PURR

I THINK THAT IF I’D LET HIM
HE’D WEAR HIS SOCKS TO BED
HE HARDLY EVER TAKES THEM OFF
HIS FAVORITE COLOR’S RED.

NIKKI CAME FROM BOSTON
AND RED FITS IN HIS PLAN
HE’LL NEVER CHANGE THE COLOR
CUZ HE’S A BASEBALL FAN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home