poetessa

Diary, musings on life, people, interests. Posting my poetry

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lacey, WA, United States

I have a Certified Artist/Teacher degree with the National Society of Decorative Painters. Taught decorative painting, color theory, calligraphy and other art related classes for 12 years. I enjoy using my artistic talents, especially to update furniture and repurpose found items. I am married to the world's most wonderful husband. We celebrated our 48th anniversary this year (2016). We have raised six children, three boys, three girls. Have 10 grandchildren. Through the NSDP I have paintings in the White House, Blaire House and Smithsonian Institute. I was given the honor of being the Chair of the Pacific NW, "Breeze and Brush" Decorative Painting Convention. What fun we had! I like keeping healthy and enjoy life. I love humor and people. God has been good to me!

Friday, November 18, 2005

The Ending of Day

I love the way the sunset colors everything a soft pink. Even our white cat Mylo turns pinkwhen he's laying in the grass.

This is a picture of half of our back yard. Our grandchildren love to play there and our grand dogs especially love the room and laying in the grass.

Squirrels, Jays, Flickers, Juncos, Robins, Crows, Sparrows, and other birds drink and bathe in the birdbath. So do our cats.

On the evening run
So gently it falls
Trailing veils of pink
The setting sun calls

Come view the splendor
Like sweet sugar mist
I’ve coated each plant
A transparent kiss

The Black Fern now smiles
Preparing for night
And cares of the day
Instantly take flight

The breeze will retire
But now is at play
The long slender leaves
Of lilies to sway

Carpet of beauty
Ajuga in blue
Painted by the veil
Turns lavender hue

My Red Leaf Maple
Favorite of trees
Leaves waving goodnight
Shifts in the breeze

Even the fences
Of weathered wood gray
Are bathed in soft pink
At ending of day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home