poetessa

Diary, musings on life, people, interests. Posting my poetry

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lacey, WA, United States

I have a Certified Artist/Teacher degree with the National Society of Decorative Painters. Taught decorative painting, color theory, calligraphy and other art related classes for 12 years. I enjoy using my artistic talents, especially to update furniture and repurpose found items. I am married to the world's most wonderful husband. We celebrated our 48th anniversary this year (2016). We have raised six children, three boys, three girls. Have 10 grandchildren. Through the NSDP I have paintings in the White House, Blaire House and Smithsonian Institute. I was given the honor of being the Chair of the Pacific NW, "Breeze and Brush" Decorative Painting Convention. What fun we had! I like keeping healthy and enjoy life. I love humor and people. God has been good to me!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

I Hear The Sound of Winter




We had our first snowfall a week before Thanksgiving and the first thing I thought of was how quiet and still it becomes when everything is covered with that soft, downy blanket of white. It inspired this poem.

I also remembered the watercolor painting I had done years ago that gives me that calm, unhurried, peaceful feeling when I view it. I thought the two would go well together.

I Hear The Sound of Winter
By Carol Glitschka, 12/05

I hear the sound of winter
It’s stillness all around
The softness of each snowflake
As they muffle trees and ground

The reflective crystal glow
Puts all nature on display
Pristine, untouched and soft
It beckons, come and play!

Against the velvet Prussian sky
I watch them gently float
A million stars from heaven
Apply their winter coat

I hear the trickle of the stream
It’s edges sparkle bright
Flakes mingle with the flow
And voyage out of sight.

Angles take on roundness
You can hear the stillness grow
The world at rest in winter
Beneath it’s cape of snow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just visited this blogsite for the first time. You have done a great job. I knew you were talented but I have a new appreciation for your skills. Keep up the good work.

Your brother Bill

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home