poetessa

Diary, musings on life, people, interests. Posting my poetry

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lacey, WA, United States

I have a Certified Artist/Teacher degree with the National Society of Decorative Painters. Taught decorative painting, color theory, calligraphy and other art related classes for 12 years. I enjoy using my artistic talents, especially to update furniture and repurpose found items. I am married to the world's most wonderful husband. We celebrated our 48th anniversary this year (2016). We have raised six children, three boys, three girls. Have 10 grandchildren. Through the NSDP I have paintings in the White House, Blaire House and Smithsonian Institute. I was given the honor of being the Chair of the Pacific NW, "Breeze and Brush" Decorative Painting Convention. What fun we had! I like keeping healthy and enjoy life. I love humor and people. God has been good to me!

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Just Poetry?

This is a poem I posted on the poetry site where I am a member. The wording is directed toward other poets and the pieces they post. I hope you, as the reader, will take the time to read and enjoy poetry and let it touch your heart, encourage, soothe, uplift and inspire you.

  1. Carol (aka Poetessa)

    Just Poetry?
    By Carol Glitschka 11/14/2005


    My lifeblood flows
    Through the tip of this pen
    Revealing the thoughts
    And emotions within

    Sharing my life
    In each written line
    Not revealing too much
    Pretending I’m fine

    My Avatar smiles
    Yet not I every day
    I share your heartaches
    I'm human that way

    Like you, I struggle
    With choices I make
    Praying for guidance
    Each day I awake

    Inspiration I gather
    From lines that you share
    Your thoughts penned in verse
    As you lay your heart bare

    Heartfelt or humorous
    Words serve to connect
    Enrich and sustain
    Provide new respect

    I hope The words penned
    Through the span of my life
    Cut through the façade
    Like a double edged knife

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home