poetessa

Diary, musings on life, people, interests. Posting my poetry

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lacey, WA, United States

I have a Certified Artist/Teacher degree with the National Society of Decorative Painters. Taught decorative painting, color theory, calligraphy and other art related classes for 12 years. I enjoy using my artistic talents, especially to update furniture and repurpose found items. I am married to the world's most wonderful husband. We celebrated our 48th anniversary this year (2016). We have raised six children, three boys, three girls. Have 10 grandchildren. Through the NSDP I have paintings in the White House, Blaire House and Smithsonian Institute. I was given the honor of being the Chair of the Pacific NW, "Breeze and Brush" Decorative Painting Convention. What fun we had! I like keeping healthy and enjoy life. I love humor and people. God has been good to me!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Once Upon a Canvas























Once Upon a Canvas
By Carol Glitschka 12/05

Once upon a canvas
I placed my painter’s brush
Gone the pristine surface
I wasn’t in a rush.

I painted in the sky
An Azure bluish hue
And clouds in puffs of white
And that’s when I just knew

There must be a mountain
It’s head against that sky
Snow piled here and there
A view to please the eye

Trees in varied green hues
Cover foothills below
Where soothing snowmelt rills
By towering pines flow

A veil of mist rises
From the warm forest floor
And gazing overhead
I see the Eagle soar

The scene is in my mind
With paint it comes to life
I mix the colors well
Apply them with my knife

For an invitation
I paint a path to walk
Lined with grass and flowers
A place to stop and talk

The painting is complete
Poetry of my soul
To view it brings me peace
This was my painter’s goal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Piercing The Veil said...

nice ... very well describe what is in your soul ... the passion you have to have made such painting....


good day

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home