poetessa

Diary, musings on life, people, interests. Posting my poetry

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lacey, WA, United States

I have a Certified Artist/Teacher degree with the National Society of Decorative Painters. Taught decorative painting, color theory, calligraphy and other art related classes for 12 years. I enjoy using my artistic talents, especially to update furniture and repurpose found items. I am married to the world's most wonderful husband. We celebrated our 48th anniversary this year (2016). We have raised six children, three boys, three girls. Have 10 grandchildren. Through the NSDP I have paintings in the White House, Blaire House and Smithsonian Institute. I was given the honor of being the Chair of the Pacific NW, "Breeze and Brush" Decorative Painting Convention. What fun we had! I like keeping healthy and enjoy life. I love humor and people. God has been good to me!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Crocheting Pullip Sweaters, skirts and hats 2012

I have my very own Pullip doll now.  Meet Sabra.  My granddaughter emailed me to say that she knew someone who wanted to sell a Pullip doll at a very reasonable price.  I needed one to have as a model for making clothing for my granddaughter's dolls.  So now Sabra is a part of my family.  I have  to admit, it is so much easier having a model to get the correct size for the clothing I make.  I just started crocheting sweaters and skirts for the dolls.  Here is Sabra in the very first sweater and skirt I made.

Oh this is soooo 70's, lol  Crocheted top and slacks.  Sabra is wearing the pretty ocean blue hat with the dolphin

Sabra looks as though she is about to fall asleep, maybe I'm overdoing it with the modeling.

I really  like this combination of Chartreuse green and grey.  the hat is one I made last year, the outfit goes well together.  The sweaters are 3 inches from the edge of the neck to the bottom.

Sabra looks lovely in this soft, Angora hat with a beautiful jeweled button.  I've been able to find some beautiful buttons on the internet, and very reasonably priced too.

Sabra in my multiple green hat and her new Mohair, Teal green sweater.  If you like to knit or crochet, don't miss out on bargains in thrift stores in your area.  I have been able to pick up Mohair, Angora and wool yarn at less than basement prices.  Estate sales are a great place to find yarn also.

Sabra models her blue heather sweater.  The hat is made from yarn I bought at a thrift store, microfibre and acrylic, so soft and originally $8.99 skein, for thirty cents a skein.

These are small necklaces I put together for the Granddaughter's Pullip dolls.  I'm always looking for small charms wherever I go, cheap of course.

Sabra in her turquoise hat with the sunshine charm, wearing the first cardigan sweater I crocheted.  I love the itsy bitsy buttons.

Sabra modeling her teal and off white striped hat.  She's also wearing one of the necklaces I made.

At the left is a child's hat, that is 9" from top to brim, at the right is a Pullip doll's hat, this gives you some idea of how small Pullips are. And their heads are much larger than their bodies.

Candy corn, something fun I crocheted.  So cute, they're about  4" high.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really cool. I love Sabra and all the clothes you made! If you wouldn't mind, where did you get her? I want a pullip doll myself, you see!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Poetessa said...

Anonymous,

You can buy Pullip dolls online at pullipstyle.com

That is the only place you can purchase them. Let me know when you get one. Give me your email and I'll send you some hats I crocheted.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home