poetessa

Diary, musings on life, people, interests. Posting my poetry

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lacey, WA, United States

I have a Certified Artist/Teacher degree with the National Society of Decorative Painters. Taught decorative painting, color theory, calligraphy and other art related classes for 12 years. I enjoy using my artistic talents, especially to update furniture and repurpose found items. I am married to the world's most wonderful husband. We celebrated our 48th anniversary this year (2016). We have raised six children, three boys, three girls. Have 10 grandchildren. Through the NSDP I have paintings in the White House, Blaire House and Smithsonian Institute. I was given the honor of being the Chair of the Pacific NW, "Breeze and Brush" Decorative Painting Convention. What fun we had! I like keeping healthy and enjoy life. I love humor and people. God has been good to me!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

End of summer 2009

I've ignored my Blog far too long, so will start with a few short posts.

Summer is definitely over, this morning it was 30 degrees, slightly foggy with frost on the ground. I cleaned out the bird feeders yesterday, after days of rain the seed had cemented together and I'm sure the birds were frustrated.

I need to get out and clean up the garden, it has long since shriveled up and died. This was the last of the crop this year. I brought in a couple dozen tomatoes that were green and they are ripening in a paper bag in one of the kitchen cupboards.

We enjoyed tomatoes, cucumber, regular and lemon, green peppers and zucchini.

This morning we had one of the Doves, Juncos, Finches, Chickadees and Sparrows enjoying their breakfast.

Until later, God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home